Pages

Saturday 21 August 2010

Ins and outs

Again another fail at blogging but hey ho I will try to keep up!

A nice easy round up post of random things in my head.

In
Summer - Yes it may nearly be over and us lazy students will have to go back to real life but it's still fun to have those last few weeks of fun before the early mornings and traffic jams begin.

Getting a good tan - Yes it seems SO shallow but hey as that creepy Nivea advert says most of us get jealous of friends who tan easy but unfortunately I am that friend. But don't forget to wear an SPF whilst always out in the sun as I don't want to be seen as promoting skin cancer.

The new Lush perfumes - Now I could be seen as being as a bit prejudiced towards these but after smelling over 50 perfumes in duty free I can definitely say that these are worth a look. They come in three different formats with different strengths of 10% for the solid, 15% for what I have named the "spritz stick" and then 20% for the full bottle of perfume. My personal favourite is Lust which is jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, vanilla, sandalwoodI sprayed it on the other day around 11ish and woke up the next morning still smelling of it!

Pastel nail varnishes - I am still loving these so late into the summer with my faves being Barry M's mint green and OPI's A grape fit. I get so many complements on mint green and people are shocked when I tell them it's just a Barry M colour.

TOM shoes - These are possibly some of the most comfortable shoes I have worn in my life ever. The other great thing about them is that every pair you buy a pair is given to a child in need to it's like buying 2 pairs of shoes which is awesome as I love shoes which was shown by me taking 10 pairs away on my recent holiday. I just checked the TOMS website and apparently they are close to giving away their millionth pair of shoes! And heres a link to a video of them giving some shoes to children in Guatamala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-PbD9OLvHY&feature=player_embedded and if your interested I got mine in red from schuh.

The Vampire Diaries - Yes I know but I LOVE this. The show, the books everything! It is quite weird reading the books once you have watched the tv show as she gives descriptions of all the characters but I just end up ignoring those and picturing the actors that play them but hey. Luckily my best friend and I have split them equally you know like you do with celebrities as they so often go for teen fan girls!

Out


Foundation - Not that I'm a massive fan of wearing a full face in the summer but now I'm tanned my regular foundation and even tinted moisturiser doesn't match my skin. I know I can just top them up with my bronzer but it's not really the same is it?

Answering the door in Pj's - Yes I know it may be half past 12 but still I'm not dressed, have been up 5 mins and do not want to answer the door Mr Postman so please don't give me that look while I sign for the package and then don't even think about starting a conversation with me!

Bed sheet marks on nails - This annoys me so much even when I use my drip dry and wait like half an hour I can still wake up the next morning with the dreaded sheet scrunch marks on my nails. Maybe it's just a skill I have!

Friends leaving for University - Long and short of it being I dropped out of sixth form and have been attending college for the past year and still have another year to go. So with results day being *checks time* two days ago most of my friends are all starting to pack up to leave home and it makes me a bit sad. But hey at least I can go and stay with them at uni and they will be coming home for holidays still so it's not too bad.

I think that's it for now let me know your ins and outs.



No comments:

Post a Comment