Pages

Friday 3 September 2010

EOTD blue and purple comparison.

Slightly inspired by the song "Peacock" on Katy Perry's new album and a top that I wore out recently I have done a bright blue and purple look. However I decided rather than just doing one with all MAC I did one with a sleek and NYC palette as well and here are the results:


These two photos are of the eye done mainly in MAC colours (Electric Eel and Parfait Amour) with Benefit's lust duster in snow bunny as a highlight. I also used my MAC gel liner in blacktrack across the upper lash line and the water line.


In these two photos I used the blue and purple from the Sleek original palette and the white highlight from the NYC Lexington Luxury metro quartet. I then lined my upper lash line and waterline with Maybelline's crayon oriental in black. I also used the sponge tip applicator that was supplied with the Sleek palette and it did slightly make me want to kill myself! 

The main difference I noticed whilst applying these is that the Sleek palette colours have an obvious shimmer and it initially makes them seem brighter however as is clear in the photo the blue is rather faded in comparison to the Electric Eel. However I think both would be acceptable for a night out and obviously one is a lot cheaper than the other!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really beautiful, and I like that it was inspired by Katy Perry "Peacock" lol! I'm going to try this look out, but I doubt it will look as good as yours, I'll just keep practicing, lol!

    P.S. Nice blog by the way!

    www.thefashionspot.blogspot.com (my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just got round to seeing your lovely comment and just checked out your blog! The look was quite easy with the eyeshadows (just two swipes of colour really!)

    ReplyDelete